- Veterinary Services
- Animal Welfare
- Educational Program
- Raising Awareness Program
- Community Services
Welcome to HCAW, the Humane Center for Animal Welfare
in Amman, Jordan.
HCAW is a not-for-profit organization, established in September 2000 with the purpose of stimulating humane and responsible conduct and providing the necessary services for the welfare of Animals.
The website offers you information on the mission statement of HCAW, who the founders are, details on where our work is concentrated, our periodically updated newsletter, our photo gallery, Jordanian animal welfare legislation, a growing archive of animals of Jordan, and our activities and projects.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
· Intended beneficiaries
Our goal is to stimulate ethical behavior towards animals by instituting raising awareness programs and campaigns to promote compassion, and to disseminate information to promote knowledge, in addition to providing professional veterinary services, especially to the under privileged, we aim to create relevant skills, and to promote respect for animals and their environment.
· Promoting compassion, responsibility and knowledge in our community to overcome misconceptions through a wide ranging Raising Awareness and Educational Programs, the latter in cooperation with the Ministry of Education.
· Providing comprehensive professional veterinary services particularly for those in the rural area who depend upon their animals for their livelihood. Visits are coordinated with relevant authorities.
· Providing training opportunities in skilled professions such as furriery and veterinary nursing. Also extending the opportunity to undergraduate veterinarians to gain practical experience in skills and handling. The latter are coordinated with JUST, the Jordan University of Science and Technology.
· Providing therapeutic opportunities, especially to the mentally and physically challenged.
We anticipate our output to contribute to:
· A kinder, more considerate and more informed community of youth and adults, with an increased level of sensitivity and respect for one another and for the animal environment.
· Supporting our professional veterinary community.
· Improving the economic well being of the poorer community.
· Creating employment opportunities
· Providing confidence building and companionship for the physically challenged and others.
OUR INTENDED BENEFICIARIES
Our intended beneficiaries are children, students, adults (particularly women), animal owners, veterinarians, local government and the animals themselves