- Veterinary Services
- Animal Welfare
- Educational Program
- Raising Awareness Program
- Community Services
Money is often the one thing that is needed most. Try organizing one of these creative fundraisers... or add an idea of your own! You can help in raising funds for the work that we do. With a group of people working on it, it doesn't need to consume your life. Sometimes all they need is someone to think of the idea!
Each and every person possesses skills and strengths that they can use. All it takes is a little applied thinking and some creativity with how you can use the skills you already have to make a difference. Combine that with some passion, and you can do wonders by thinking outside the box. . Try organizing one of these creative fundraisers... or add an idea of your own!
- Like to cook? Approach a few stores nearby and ask them if they will sell some of your baked goods in their store, to benefit the local shelter. It wouldn't even cost much... baking supplies, some ribbon, saran wrap, and some printer paper. Wrap the cookies in the saran wrap, tie it with a ribbon. Print out little tags that explain where the profit goes, cut them into squares that can be easily tied onto the ribbon.
- Love to draw? Help your local shelters by drawing some humane education comic books or coloring books to be used in the raising awareness program.
- Love to hold quiz nights or fundraisers? Arrange your event and invite animal supporters, and raise funds to help the needy animals
- Have a graduation project and wish to raise awareness? Prepare your project and get the support from the center, pick a unique topic and raise awareness to your colleagues
- More Ideas that you may like:
- Design animal's calendar
- Sell handmade items and donate money
- Hold a pet-themed craft and services fair
- Karaoke nights
- Donate your stuff to be sold at HCAW's front door
- Bake sale
- Set Up Contests with Entry Charges / Sponsorships
- Seek Ongoing Company Sponsorships
- Funds in the Form of Pet Food
- Sponsor Parties at Your Shelter for the Animals
There are plenty of things that you can do, and when you combine your heart with something that you love doing, it doesn't even feel like work. What's more, when you're passionate about it, and you're feeling good about it, it becomes infectious, and will motivate people around you! Some of the above mentioned ideas were applied by HCAW's friends, but the rest is still pending your decision to help!