Step 1: Consider what it means to adopt a dog...
- Talk to your family and take account everyones opinion about adopting a dog.
- Consider your schedule, do you have enough time to take care of a dog? You must walk them once to twice a day and make sure they have enough time to play and exercise. Your dog counts on you everyday.
- Consider the costs of owning a pet, you must be able to afford food and all medical costs for your new family member.
- Take into account the age of the dog you would like to adopt. Puppies take more time and patience to train while older dogs have lower energy levels and are usually potty & leashed trained.
- Who will be the primary caretaker? They must be a close member of the family who will take time to teach him/her and set boundaries around the home.